Jan 29, 2016

Altered Diary Cover

I opened the creative door last night. The feeling was fantastic. I took a plain notebook from my stash and altered its cover using various mediums and tools: masking tape, gesso, acrylic paints, Distress inks, beads, micro-beads, buttons, white Posca marker and black fineliner, heavy glossy gel medium, glue and my imagination.

The inspiration was music and Scraps of Darkness January Inspiration Board :]
I was inspired by the colour scheme of the board so I used mainly combination of white, pink and turquoise. The branches with delicate flowers inspired me to create texture using the mix of masking tape, beads, micro-beads and glue. The focal point - silver button with a black center was glued to make come contrast and give a strong accent like on the picture with street lamp from the Scraps of Darkness' board. I've also added some white marker doodling imitating a lace pattern. 
I love altering covers of sketchbooks, diaries and notebooks. This one will be my diary/sketchbook to calm down my thoughts and evening creative blasts from time to time and to welcome spring (it was sunny today yay!) with verses of poetry.



Scraps of Darkness January Inspiration Board


Basia
PellucidMind®





1 comment: